This Indica long-grain brown rice is a healthier alternative to white rice. It is an excellent source of fibre that provides lasting energy.
Ingredients: 100% brown long-grain Indica rice
Cooking Instructions (compliments of BBC Good Food)
- 250g brown rice
- 500ml water
- You will need a medium-sized saucepan with a well-fitting lid.
- Put the rice in a saucepan and pour over the water. Bring to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 30 mins then turn off the heat.
- Quickly cover with a lid and leave tightly covered for another 5-10 mins to absorb any remaining water.
- Serve immediately with a stew or curry, fish, chicken or tofu.